Bank exams cover a broad syllabus that needs a thorough understanding of subjects and considerable speed to succeed. Mock tests are of paramount importance, as attempting more of them can help you win the race, apart from the subject knowledge you possess.
As far as bank exams are considered, the pattern and difficulty level has been changing over time. IBPS has recently conducted the mains examination for clerical posts. Candidates can check the estimated result date and other details from BYJU’S.
The more you attempt mock tests, the more you become familiar with the pattern of bank exams, the sequence of attempting questions, the time allotment, and most importantly, the ones you need to skip and save time.
A bank job is a much sought-after opportunity, and lakhs of people attempt the exam every year. Rather than working out the right strategy, one can develop the strategy right for them during the preparation. As IBPS mains examinations are impending, candidates can download the IBPS Admit Card from the official website after the completion of the application process.
Relevance of Mock Tests in Bank Exams
Once you have completed the revision and got an understanding of all the generic subjects for bank exams, the next crucial step in preparation is attempting mock tests. A fraction of time is important in bank exams, as they can decide whether you pass the cut-off.
A mere understanding of the exam pattern does not work in the majority of exams. Most of the successful candidates who cleared the bank exams recommend solving the maximum number of mock tests. Before attempting mock tests, one can go through IBPS Exam Pattern from the related link.
Let us understand the importance of mock tests in Bank exams.
- Analysis of exam pattern: The more you attempt previous years’ question papers and mock tests, the more you get an understanding of the type of questions asked, weightage from different sections, and the pattern change in previous years. Unless a candidate attempts multiple tests before taking the exam, they cannot get a clear idea of the upcoming exam.
- Identifying strong and weak areas: For every candidate, there are some areas where they are good, and somewhere they cannot perform well. The better part of giving mock tests is that it helps you to identify your high-scoring sections and best-performing areas. The best part is that you get to know about your weakness and least-scoring part. You get an opportunity to work on those areas to improve and score better for exams.
- Revise preparation strategies: Once you get used to solving mock tests, you can revise your preparation plan. More stress is given to areas where you get anxious, and your strong suits can be brushed up, exam ready. When you solve mock tests, you understand arithmetic tricks and practise mental maths, which in turn improves your speed and pace. Instead of changing strategies, you can modify the existing plan with the necessary changes.
- Improved speed and pace: “Slow and steady wins the race” does not apply to bank exams. It works during preparation, but speed and tactics are what you need to clear cut-off marks. IBPS exams are not meant to check your knowledge but determine how well you apply the concepts in real-life situations. Maintaining a good speed with accuracy is vital, which is possible only through mock tests. Multiple websites offer mock tests for practice. Analysing detailed solutions in mock tests can improve your overall performance.
- Monitor your performance: Mock tests help you monitor your performance and keep track of your progress. It helps you avoid arithmetic errors, conceptual errors, and grammatical errors. You will also understand that lengthy questions are not always the tuff ones, and some simple questions can be time-consuming.
- Provides the real-time experience of exams: Most candidates are anxious while attempting online exams with the timer running. Mock tests can help you to beat the timer and overcome the pressure of taking exams. When you solve questions at your convenience, you won’t be aware of the time constraints in a real exam environment.
- Boost your confidence: When you are perfectly aware of your strong points and weaknesses, you have developed an effective strategy, and you have practised ample questions, you have every right to be confident and face the exam.
For every bank exam you have attempted, you might have felt like most of the questions were doable, but you did not get enough time for completion. That is where mock tests become crucial. They teach you to master the art of problem-solving through practice. As IBPS mains examinations are impending, candidates can download the IBPS Admit Card from the official website after the completion of the application process.
Candidates who have appeared for the IBPS PO Preliminary exams should not forget to download the IBPS PO Mains hall ticket, tentatively in November. At every stage of the exam, candidates need to download separate admit cards.